Hot Girl Summer Top Clean Beauty Products
Summer is here and you know what that means, sweaty skin, hot temps, and a higher risk of sun damage. Luckily you do not have to compromise your ingredient standard, for those overly fragranced and nose turning coconut-y, banana "sunscreen fragrance" products. These products will make you feel protected from the sun, fresh, and improve the texture and tone of your skin with amazingly soothing ingredients.
1. Sunscreen + SPF Products
Body Sunscreens: Most sunscreens on the market are formulated with chemical UV blockers that while may prevent sun damage they are filled with other toxic chemicals known to be human carcinogens (cancer causing ingredients). There is irony every where in the beauty industry. There is no doubt that these sunscreen companies, promote a product as a solution to prevent one cancer, to then use ingredients that are known to cause other health problems and cancers. Also, Hawaii was the first state to ban and recognize that chemical sunscreens are causing with coral-harm and damage to marine life. As a safer alternative to both humans and animals try a clean sunscreen with (non-nano size zinc oxide) that provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.
A multi-tasking mineral sunscreen & skin serum all wrapped into one convenient spray. Non-nano zinc oxide and titanium dioxide combine to provide Broad Spectrum SPF 50 mineral protection while key skincare ingredients help moisturize and nourish the skin.
Suntegrity’s Unscented Body SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen is unscented, vegan and offers broad-spectrum protection.
Suntegrity Skincare provides this all in one, "UV Chemical-Free" Tinted Sunscreen/Beauty Benefit (BB) cream that renews, hydrates, protects, primes and covers the skin.
Meet your new beach buddy - our first ever SPF product! Perfect for beach days and outdoor activities, this mineral sunscreen has 20% uncoated Zinc Oxide for broad spectrum SPF 30 protection. Squalane, Shea Butter and Aloe provide rich moisture to keep skin hydrated all [sunny] day long. Plus, it's unscented, dries down clean and is safe for kids!
2. Clean Beauty Sunless Tanning
Everyone likes to maintain that summer sun glow. Not gonna lie, most tanning products have some BIG concerns when it comes to what’s in them. We are talking straight up in the red zone. Here are some comment ingredients in tanning creams. Check your labels for these common ingredients found in sunless tanners! BHT , parabens, Formaldehyde, Petroleum (clogs your pores), and Fragrances just to name a few ingredients that have links to cancer, ALS, skin irritation, and cause respiratory issues. However, thankfully Chocolate Sun formulated the very first organic sunless tanning solution in both cream and spray. You can now get the spa like spray tan but in the comfort of your own bathroom and without the chemical ingredients and without the worry of turning orange. Enjoy a truly golden tan that last up to a week after one application.
1. Chocolate Sun Sunless Tanning Cream: Comes in light (gradual tan, beginners), medium (medium tan, intermediate tanners), absolute (for tanning pros with a desire for an ultra rich tan). This formula will last for many applications. Follow all the application techniques and watch the color fully develop after about 8 hours.
2. Chocolate Sunless Tanning Spray: The spray is the perfect way to bring our professional treatment home with you. Shake, spray and enjoy the ease of an instant glow with the color fully developing in about 8 hours. Great for touch ups, legs, at home spray tan, or tanners for just special occasions.
3. Chocolate Sun Scrubs: The most important tip for self tanning is to make sure you have a good exfoliation scrub! It ensures a smooth, and soft skin so that your tan never looks patchy or streaky! This scrumptious body scrub is the perfect combination of Dead Sea salt, Turbinado sugar, soothing olive oil, botanicals and herbs. Exfoliates and detoxifies, leaving your skin hydrated, renewed and PH balanced.
3. Clean Beauty After Sun Care
We have all been there, had a little too much fun in the sun and possibly even gotten a little sunburned. Here are some at home treatments to try clean beauty style to hydrate and soothe skin. We probably all remember being a little kid having to put on the squeeze bottle of aloe. Most aloe squeeze products use not just aloe as the only ingredient! Hidden or mixed in with aloe most companies use fragrances, parabens, and bht in their formulas.
1. Cannabliss Body Salve + Body Oil: This all-purpose hydrating and nourishing salve contains full spectrum hemp oil and a blend of powerful, all-natural herbal ingredients to soften, moisturize and revitalize skin. This powerful blend helps soothe and ease irritation caused from sensitive, dry, irritated or chapped skin. Also calms sunburn, painful wounds and burns and diaper rash and more! Also try the body oil for extra hydration during the day or in between salve applications.
2. Hydrating Mask Options: Try one of our top hydrating mask that will help soothe and rehydrate your face after too much sun exposure. Our top recommendation is Kypris Cerulean Mask. This mighty pot of blue is a hydration mask, a sleeping mask when combined with a Beauty Elixir, and an after sun treat to soothe the appearance of stress and dehydration. Good Medicine Honey Bee hits the right price point + is a poppy best seller! Aloe, apple, honey work together to rebuild the moisture levels in the skin. Feel and see the difference after just one application. Good Medicine's honey mask purifies and restores balance, stops bacterial growth. Orgaid Greek Yogurt Mask is a great quick and easy fix. This mask also contains aloe and calming organic greek yogurt to supplement essential skin-loving nutrition to stressed-out skin.
For more clean beauty summer swaps check out our top picks for the summer than also includes deodorants, skin care mists, and summer makeup products!
Click here to shop our top clean beauty summer products!